Rent the Runway locations closed during coronavirus scare
COVID-19 has affected the clothing rental market. While Rent the Runway will still conduct business as usual online, the company sent an email out to its customers this weekend to announce the temporary closures of all of its brick-and-mortar locations.
Rent the Runway's retail stores closed at the end of business on March 15, and are estimated to remain closed for one week. The company said it will continue to reassess the situation and plan accordingly. It also said that it will continue to pay its store associates.
Customers are advised to return items to Rent the Runway via mail rather than in a store drop-off box.
Photos: Rent the Runway Facebook, courtesy of Rent the Runway
- Rent the Runway teams with WeWork to expand accessibility
- Rent the Runway addresses customer service issues
- Rent the Runway puts a hold on new memberships and orders
- Rent the Runway drastically expands Nordstrom partnership
- Rent the Runway unveils new membership option
- Rent the Runway announces "RTR Revive" partnership with Nordstrom
- Rent the Runway locations closed during coronavirus scare